- Our Birds Hill pie presses work with most dough recipes but does require dough to be at or close to room temperature. This may require some recipe adjustments. Kindly check out our recipes section for recipes that we have tested for use on our machines, and contact us if you have any questions.
- Please see banner for current lead times for all items due to a high volume of orders. Our products are handmade by skilled woodworkers and cannot be rushed.
- Foil pans should ship within 7-10 days.
- Our orders are worked on according to date received. If you require your machine for the fall baking season and need it by a certain date please account for this when ordering.
- Please keep in mind that our machines and presses are individually made and tested before shipping. They are not mass produced.
- A 10% restocking fee will be charged on all cancelled orders. Custom items are final sale.
Our aluminum foil pie pans and aluminum foil tart pans will have no added shipping at checkout unless you are in a remote area. There are no returns on aluminum foil pans - please check that you are ordering the correct size.
Shipping fees are calculated using courier rates plus insurance and broker duty fees where applicable. Our shipping rates reflect our expense in shipping the product to you and covers shipping, and insurance. Our rates are calculated by weight. Please keep in mind that our presses and machines are heavy products and cost more to ship. On each product page we have shown what the shipping will be if you order one item.
Our international overseas orders are shipped mostly with Canada Post. If you are living in Canada or the USA and prefer us to ship with Canada Post please contact us. If you have a post office box we will ship to that address with Canada Post.
International Orders - extra shipping fees may apply. We will contact you once we receive your order if extra shipping is required. We will have to add shipping to aluminum foil pan orders for customers outside of Canada and the USA.
Prices in cart are for Continental USA, Canadian Provinces - Other States, and Territories should email or call for a shipping quote.
Customers from other countries please feel free to email us for a more exact shipping quote. We will ship to most countries.
Shipments going to addresses outside of Canada should be aware that your country may charge duty, broker and sales tax on your orders. In the USA orders under $200.00 are exempt.
Why is your web page in USA dollars? We have our web page in USA dollars as approximately 80% of our customers are based in the USA. Our wood products are priced with that in mind. As mentioned above Canadian customers can choose to have their aluminum foil pans charged in Canadian Dollars by emailing or calling in their orders. This applies to pan orders shipped to Canadian addresses.
If you have questions about shipping or wish to combine orders please email us the details and we will prepare a quote for you.
Limited Warranty: Booij Woodworks covers any defects in material or workmanship under normal use for the first 30 days for commercially used equipment and for 90 days for household use. We will repair or replace parts of the product that proves defective because of improper material or workmanship, under normal use and maintenance. This warranty does not cover any problem that is caused by:
- water damage
- improper use of equipment
To obtain warranty service, you must first contact us to determine the problem and the most appropriate solution for you. Shipping is NOT covered by the warranty and is the customer's responsibility. Please do NOT ship returns using FedEx. They charge us broker and duties fees of approx. $150.00 and that amount will have to be charged to the customer if they return a machine for repair using FedEx.
Please note: It is rare that our products are defective. In the 20 plus years of operation the most common problem is that a bearing needs replacing which is a cost of about $5.00 plus shipping.
Returns: There are times a customer decides this machine is not for them. Often we will refund the cost of the machine if it is still in new condition. We cannot refund the cost of the dies. On the full sized machines the dies are custom made for the customer's pie pans and unless we know for sure we can resell them they are final sale. We will deduct the cost of the dies from the cost of the machine ordered. Return Shipping costs are the responsibility of the customer.
Custom made items cannot be returned.